Please Help Me Reach My Goal!


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend...

I know it's been a while since I last posted anything, but it's been a busy weekend. Friday was spent with my friend Stacy. We were sitting outside enjoying the sunshine when my cell phone rang. "Unknown Number", it said. I answered it and it was Kevin! I honestly did not expect him to call while he was in this far away place. It was so wonderful to finally hear his voice. We talked for about 15 minutes or so, and hang up with a big "I LOVE YOU!" That night the kiddies and I hung out at Stacy's. There was a bonfire and good conversation all around. The kids had a blast as well.




My kids slept so well that night. It was the first full night of sleep that I have had in a long time. The next day was spent at home for the most part. Kevin called again, and Gyllian was able to talk to him. She was so excited. We went to Old Navy, and came right back home. That evening we had a birthday cookout to go to. So it was off to Kristi's we went. It was great fun!


Again, my kids slept very well that night. They didn't get up until late the next morning. Sunday we got up and went back to Kristi's for breakfast. Then it was to the neighborhood cookout we went. There were ribs, burgers, potato salad, Hannah's famous pasta salad, and so much more! After that it was to Stacy's for dinner. We had ziti and homemade meatballs. They were delicious! We got home a little after eight, and crashed. Yesterday was our chill day. I got up and started cleaning. Gyllian was up with me. Sam slept until almost ten! We then threw on our bathing suits and went to the splash park with our friend Torria. What a blast that was. It only took an hour, but Sam finally got into the water.


We came home, and had dinner. It was an early bedtime for them last night! We really crammed a lot of fun in this past weekend. Today it was back to the daily grind. Kevin called again today and it was really great to hear his voice. I miss him so much and can't wait for him to be home. Then I'll be able to write about the adventures we have as a WHOLE family.

No comments: