Please Help Me Reach My Goal!


Saturday, November 14, 2009

From Baby to Big Boy

My son, Sam has exceeded my expectations of raising a boy. When I was pregnant with him and we found out he was a boy I heard it all! "You know, boys are much harder to potty-train than girls!" "Boys develop slower than girls." Yada, yada, yada!


As a baby, Sam was all snuggles and smiles! He was sweet, layed back, and super easy! He even was a great nurser! (If only my milk would have lasted longer than two months.) He was putting himself to sleep by five months, and got rid of the binky on his own by 13 months. I would wish a baby like this to everyone!




Now don't get me wrong...when he hit two it was worse than terrible! It was catastrophic!!! He kept me on my toes, and that's putting it mildly. He grew a short fuse, he shaved part of his eyebrow once while I was cleaning the tub, and while his sister was taking a bath one time, he decided to jump in fully clothed! I'm telling ya, I wanted to pull my hair out!




Even with all of the naughty things going on there is one thing that overshadows all of it! He is potty-trained! Yes, I said it! POTTY-TRAINED!!! I bought him a potty in June, and by July he was peeing in it. It took a couple of months, but eventually he started pooping in it. I went to Papoose (a natural maternity/baby store in Norwich, CT) and picked him up some "Imse Vimse" training pants. He is now a pro! He even takes them off when he has to go and puts them back on when he's done! Now what's so amazing about that is he is only two. My daughter, Gyllian wouldn't even sit on a potty until she was three and a half. So, the moral of the story is don't judge a book by what everyone else tells you! Way to go, Sam!!!

No comments: